Monday 23 February 2009

A Jug Full of Colour



This is my trusty old water jug in Ikea blue for which I have a very deep fondness. It's is a wonderful visual record of the dribbles and drops of colour from so many of my paintings. In fact I think in itself it holds the inspiration for a whole new piece. It was certainly a joy to photograph. Every time I pass it in my studio, the sight of the thick layers of creative history encrusted onto it's insides gives me pleasure and invokes a yearning to get using it again.

1 comment:

Lalaland said...

The happiness that comes with having something like that, just lying around and not actually MAKING one like that is something that only owners would know!

That's one cool mug. :)

I have a pair of jeans like that, I'm not a painter, but a doodler.

Your mug must have a lot of memories!